Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Are you LinkedIn?


LinkedIn is a fast-growing social media website intended for today's working professionals. It is a phenomenal opportunity to connect to professionals both local or global. From independent contractors to business executives LinkedIn is the site for prime connections in your industry.

It's simple to create a profile that summarizes your professional expertise and accomplishments. You will develop networks of your connections and the people they know, linking you to other qualified experts or professionals. This is one of the first social media sites that I used to connect to others in my profession.

What I particularly liked about LinkedIn is the ability to see other connections in my industry and to collaborate on projects. Since launching the LinkedIn profile, they continue to add other applications that can be added my profile and my recent blog submissions are updated. Also, I can include a link to my profile as part of an email signature. The added benefit is that the link enables my contacts to see all my credentials, instead as an attachment.

The bonus is to review statistics about your network, including how many users you can reach through your connections. It's like the professional Facebook application.


No comments:

Post a Comment