Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Have You Taken Your Clients For Granted?


The description of customer service states: “Customer service is a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction - that is, the feeling that a product or service has met the customer expectation.”

Over the years when the economy was strong and companies were expanding, customer service level seemingly became less important. We stopped expecting a warm greeting or a nice smile, we as customers simply accepted this in our day-to-day purchases. Maybe this is the reason for the high volume of sales that are purchased online now days. But I have noticed in the last few months there is a shift in how people react to your presence, kindly saying “Thank You” when leaving a store.

When I was at the movie theater over the weekend, the ticket handler even opened my door as I was trying to carry the popcorn, drinks and candy to my seat. I hear “May I help you?” in the national hardware store or “Can I help you find something?” in a clothing store. It makes me stop and think; Why Now?

Any company, no matter how small, should provide a high level of service and as consumers we should expect a level of customer service. Customer service is an opportunity to make your clients happy and keep you more productive in the long run.

Even web designers and SEO developers need to provide customer service since we are not likely seen in the public eye. It's the essence of building a warm and friendly relationship with your client. We not only have talk the talk, we have to prove our level of service to make our clients happy. This is how we build our business and our relationships, but most of all a “Thank You” should always be given and never assumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment