At one time websites were only 5 pages and displayed the only basic information about a company. Business owners would hope that a potential client would find their website within the thousands that were listed.
Today, every page of a site is a potential find for the client. Instead of thousands of listings, now it is in the millions. We tend to obsess with the home page, but now it is important to structure every page like the home page. The task is made simple by organizing a checklist for the website that is easy to follow for you and makes it easy for clients to find.
Here is some design considerations:
1. Display logo clearly on every page
2. Link back to the home page from every page
3. Good overall content (keyword-rich)
4. Target your audience
5. Keep the font type friendly
6. Easy to find phone number
7. Whitespace usage
8. Don't use frames
9. Proper bulleted listed formats
10. Descriptive links within content
Marketing a site is not easy, but it is important how to do it. There are many more factors that make a site successful making it important to find professionals you can trust.